Thursday, July 29, 2010

Scorpions Rock Nor Cal like a Hurricane this week!

Scorpions finally bring their "Get Your Sting and Blackout" world tour to Concord on Sunday and Sacramento next Wednesday.  As I've said before, the Scorpions never disappoint.  I caught them three times on the last two tours and was blown away at how good they are 28 years after I first saw them.  Some of the older bands still blow the doors off younger bands that stand around staring at their shoes.  This is supposed to be their final world tour so don't miss these chances to witness one of the greatest rock bands ever!  And do your best to get up front with me!






Cinderella opens the show in Concord and Ratt opens the show in Sacramento.  I haven't seen either band since the late 80's, but I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of either band.  I can tell you that the new Ratt cd is every bit as good or better than anything they did in their early days.......pure molten rock!  The addition of Carlos Cavaso from Quiet Riot has only stoked their fire.

Eric Brittingham of Cinderella filling in with Poison last year.