Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another Show I'm looking forward to photographing!


Volbeat is a band from Sweden that was hand picked by Metallica to open for much of their last tour.  I had the pleasure to catch them last summer at the Key Club during the Sunset Strip Music Fest.  Very entertaining stage show......they look kinda like greasers and sound like later Metallica.  The Damned Things are a new group comprised of the two guitar players from Anthrax, the drummer and guitarist from Fall Out Boy and the singer and bassist from Every Time I Die!  This is a great combo and they are an excellent hard rock band with a lot of groove.  Shot them in January at the Jagermeister tour in Reno.  Tore it up!  I have yet to check out Hourcast, but I'm sure they will be top notch!
Volbeat singer Michael Poulsen
 The Damned Things

The Damned Things website

Volbeat website