Saturday, March 12, 2011

Loudness returns to Nor Cal!

I'm excited for the return of Loudness.  I was a huge fan back in the 80's even before they started releasing albums sung in English and went a little pop metal.  They were a great metal band that I got to see headline the old Kabuki Theater in SF around 1985 with Keel opening.  It was an incredible show back when bands really put everything they had into a show!  Those were the good old days when the Metallikatz still hung out in the lobby with the rest of us common folk.  I told my buddy John to go stand behind Lars and I would take a picture.....Lars figured out what was going on and grabbed him and put him in a head lock and gave me his best metal face!

I later saw Loudness open for Motley Crue at Cal Expo.  Them and the Crue went down to the Oasis Ballroom after that show and closed the place down and several of my friends got to party with them all night.  Those were the days and I'm glad I'm still living them.

Here is info about Loudness from their Wiki page:
Loudness (ラウドネス Raudonesu?) is a Japan-based heavy metal band formed in 1981[1] by guitarist Akira Takasaki and drummer Munetaka Higuchi.[2] They were the first Japanese heavy metal act signed to a major label in the United States, releasing twenty-three studio albums (five in America) by the end of 2009 and reaching the Billboard Top 100 in their moment of maximum international popularity.[1] Despite numerous changes in their roster, the band continued their activities during the 90s, finally reuniting the original line-up in 2000. On 30 November 2008 original drummer Munetaka Higuchi died from liver cancer at a hospital in Osaka at age 49. Loudness replaced him with Masayuki Suzuki and are still active to this day.

Their latest album is a great listen I'm glad they are playing my home club the Boardwalk and my buddies in Sucker Punch.  Please get out and catch them....you won't be disappointed and I'm always happy when people buy me shots at the bar!

The Loudness Myspace page
Check it out for all tour dates in your area!

Sucker Punch's Myspace page

Their latest release!